SIKS/Twente Seminar on Searching and Ranking
Together with SIKS and the CTIT we have organized several one day seminars, usually in conjunction with a PhD defense here in Twente.
- SSR-1: Searching and Ranking in Structured Text Repositories on 27 June 2008, with Debora Donato, and Ricardo Baeza-Yates, both from Yahoo! Research Barcelona
- SSR-2: Searching and Ranking in Enterprises, on 24 June 2009 with David Hawking (Funnelback & Australian National University), Iadh Ounis (University of Glasgow), and Maarten de Rijke (University of Amsterdam)
- SSR-3: Effectiveness of Searching and Ranking on 29 January 2010, with Leif Azzopardi from University of Glasgow, UK, and Vanessa Murdock form Yahoo! Research, Barcelona
- SSR-4: Searching and Ranking Multimedia on 2 July 2010 with Alexander Hauptmann from Carnegie Mellon University, USA.
- SSR-5: Biomedical Text Mining on 1 September 2010 with Dietrich Rebholz-Schuhmann (European Bioinformatics Institute, UK) and Martijn Schuemie (Erasmus MC/Leiden University Medical Center, Rotterdam)
- SSR-6: Searching Speech: Evaluation of Speech Recognition in Context on 5 July 2012 with Gareth Jones (Dublin City University, Ireland), David van Leeuwen (Radboud University Nijmegen, Netherlands Forensic Institute), and Lori Lamel (Limsi – CNRS, France)
- SSR-7: Distributing Search on 26 September 2012 with Jamie Callan (Carnegie Mellon University, USA), Fabio Crestani (University of Lugano, Switzerland), Johan Pouwelse (Delft University of Technology)
- SSR-8: Explorations in interactive retrieval and information experience on 29 August 2013 with Peter Ingwersen (Royal School of Library and Information Science, Copenhagen, Denmark), Ian Ruthven (Strathclyde University, Glasgow, Scotland), and Richard Glassey (Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen, Scotland)
- SSR-9: Understanding the Web on 19 December 2013 with Weiyi Meng (State University of New York at Binghamton, USA) and Gertjan van Noord (University of Groningen, The Netherlands)
- SSR-10: Learning for Information Retrieval on 14 February 2014 with Alan Smeaton (Dublin City University, Ireland) and Arjen de Vries (CWI, Amsterdam)
- SSR-11: Monitoring and preventing Cyberbullying on 12 September 2014 with Debra Pepler (York University, Canada) and Veronique Hoste (Ghent University, Belgium)
- SSR-12: Probabilistic Approaches to Smart Discovery on 16 October 2015 with Ingo Frommholz (University of Bedfordshire, UK) and Tom Heskes (Radboud University Nijmegen, the Netherlands)
- SSR-13: Deep Web Entity Monitoring on 2 June 2016 with Gianluca Demartini (University of Sheffield, UK), Andrea Calì (Birkbeck, University of London, UK) and Pierre Senellart (Télécom ParisTech, France)
- SSR-14: Text as social and cultural data on 10 March 2017 with Anders Søgaard (University of Copenhagen), Jacob Eisenstein (Georgia Institute of Technology), Lysbeth Jongbloed-Faber (De Fryske Akademy), Leonie Cornips (Meertens Institute), Tom Kenter (University of Amsterdam), Folgert Karsdorp (Meertens Institute), John Nerbonne (University of Groningen/Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg)